Monday, July 12, 2010

Introduction

I have a passion for sports, but my passion goes beyond simply cheering for my teams. Sure, I am a diehard Packer fan, but I created this blog space not to write about my love for the Packers. Instead I will write about the intersection of sports and culture -- how sports influences culture and vice versa, and what the implications of this are. Sports are more than just a multi-billionaire dollar business, they reflect American and transnational cultures. Some sports journalists already do an excellent job recognizing the interaction of sports and culture, and they have inspired me to start this blog, but as an American studies Ph.D. student who is interested in sports and culture, I believe I have a unique perspective on the discourse on sports. I already use Twitter and Facebook as micro-blogs to write about sports topics, but I decided to create this space to write more elaborate opinions on issues that I find compelling in sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment